The Orange Shop on 301
The Orange Shop opened in 1936. Before World War II, people started traveling down to Florida on U.S. Highway 301, passing through the small village of Citra - long famous for the citrus that grew there. Citrus had been growing commercially in their grove since the Civil War, so it just seemed natural when they offered it to travelers so they could take a little "Florida Sunshine" to remind them of their trip. The Shop has been open for business every fruit season since then. The owners are third-generation citrus growers, and the entire Town of Citra supports the business, and many have been working at The Orange Shop for decades.
16 X 20 Matted